Friday, November 18, 2016

Loose ends from last month

My plan to embed the video of my two grandsons' duet in their high school band's portion of the marching band competition in Pell City, Alabama, died aborning, nipped in the bud before the bud ever had a chance.

The problem, at least in part, was that the video was made on an Apple phone and my computer uses a Windows operating system. Apparently never the twain shall meet. More specifically, getting the file to migrate successfully from its Apple home to its destination on my Windows system is the fly in the ointment. I mailed the file to my email successfully, or so I thought, but then could not open the attachment. So I could not add it to my blogpost.

Sorry.

If you know how to do it, you're a better man (or woman, as the case may be) than I am, Gunga Din. If you want to try to explain it to me in terms I can understand, the comments are now open. If you think there's no reason an Apple video cannot be opened when sent to an email on a Windows system, I repeat: the comments are now open. If you think I'm a stupid old fool, please keep your thoughts to yourself.

Moving right along, I can still put plain old photographs into my blogposts even though at times some of them simply refuse to be rotated.

Here we are with our granddaughter after a performance at her school of Thornton Wilder's Our Town in which she played the role of Emily:


Here she is with her mother and a sugar-free cupcake, complete with candle, that our granddaughter made for her father's birthday:


And here is our son preparing to eat his sugar-free cupcake, apparently complete with candle. For the record, I have no idea where he gets his zany, madcap sense of humor/humour:


5 comments:

  1. Love the happiness which permeates all of the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first thought when I saw your granddaughter's picture is that she looks like Emily. Talk about typecasting! She is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Elephant's Child, we are basically a happy lot, I think, although I can be a trifle irritable before I've had my morning coffee.

    I agree, Emma, she is beautiful. Some days she looks like Emily and some days she looks like Becky Thatcher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regarding the Apple phone video, perhaps you could load it into YouTube and then copy the embed code to plonk it in your blog but of course I could be quite wrong as is often the case.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YP, thank you for the suggestion; I hope in this case that you are quite right. I misspoke in Parrot's comments. I should not have said "quite" and I should not have said "often". All of us are wrong on occasion. Even me.

    ReplyDelete

<b>Always true to you, darlin’, in my fashion</b>

We are bombarded daily by abbreviations in everyday life, abbreviations that are never explained, only assumed to be understood by everyone...